Joining is easy, and borrowing tools is FREE, forever.
Three of our most important rules:
- Tools are due back in 7 days – the exact hour due is posted in the library – or you will incur a fine.
- You may not share your member number with someone else, to borrow tools on someone else’s behalf or to allow anyone else to use the tools you borrow.
- Only use tools that you feel SAFE using!
To join you need to:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a resident of SE Portland within SE Uplift’s boundaries
- accept the Tool Library Rules and Disclaimer.
- accept our Membership Agreement & Liability waiver
Sign up, below, and then when you come for your first visit, show us your:
- proof of Identity (driver’s license, passport, or other photo ID).
- proof of Address (driver’s license if it has your current address, or a recent: utility bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement, auto-insurance card, or similar document).
- (Groups must get special permission to join.)
On that first visit, we will ask you for a one-time optional Enrollment Donation of $10-$40 to help us buy and maintain tools for you.
Save everyone loads of time – register now (with no obligation):