We need your help! The tool library operates with no paid staff, and is a 100% volunteer-driven effort.
You can help in many different ways:
- Staff the Library during open hours
- Grant writing (at home)
- Serve on our Board of Directors (the Board meets monthly on Thursday evenings)
- Help with minor tool repair (during off-hours, typically monthly).
- Help with phone calls for overdue tools (in the evening at home)
- Lead a Workshop
Staffing the Library
Volunteers are needed to staff the Library on:
Saturdays for 3-hour shifts:
- 8:45 am – 11:30 am
- 11:30 am – 2:15 pm
Tuesdays for 2-hour shifts:
- 5:15 pm to 7:15 pm.
There is always another volunteer to help make the time fly by quickly. Many of our volunteers sign up for one shift a month which keeps the tool library open without any last minute suprises.
You do not need any prior knowledge about tools, only a willingness to help out and connect with your SE neighbors. Who knows, you may just learn a few things about home repair yourself!
First time volunteers:
- To add yourself to our list of volunteers, please fill out this form to let us how you’d like to help, and then…
- …after you have completed step #1, to sign up for a shift working at the tool library click here: Yes, I have filled out the form in step #1.
To sign up for a shift -
To offer other kinds of help -