We’re pleased to announce that Southeast Portland Tool Library will be hosting a free workshop all about seed saving in September! The workshop will be presented by Jennie London, a Seed Club Coordinator with Grow Portland.
The workshop will cover answers to the following questions, and more:
- What are the best types of vegetable seeds for saving? What types of vegetables? Any particular varieties that are better than others?
- What are the benefits of sowing seeds grown locally in our neighborhoods?
- Are there some types of vegetable plants that have better germination rates?
- What is the best way to grow vegetables and herbs for seed collection?
- How can you tell when the seeds are ready for collecting?
- How long do the seeds stay viable after being collected and how should they be stored for maximum success in germination?
Space is limited to 30 participants, so please register in advance by filling out this form.