Meeting date: Thursday November 8, 2012
A regular meeting of the SEPTL was held in St. Davids Church Grace Room, Portland, Oregon. The meeting convened at 7:12 PM, President Steve
Couche presiding, and Robert Weber, secretary.
Board Members in attendance:
Steve Couch (Board President)
Robert Weber (Board Secretary)
Pete Stuchlik (At Large Board Member)
Aaron Andrade (At Large Board Member)
Board Members not in attendance:
Sean Barnett (Board Treasurer)
Casey Cotton (At Large Board member)
Hindi Iserhott (Board Volunteer Coordinator)
Jeff Horne (At Large Board member)
SEPTL Members attending:
E Michael Brandt (IT guru volunteer)
Barbara McLean (newsletter editor)
Minutes of previous meeting: approved
TREASURER — Sean added this info by email later
- Credit Union balance $4,356.93
- SE Uplift account $797.33
- Paypal account $213.00
- Steve discussed Portland Tool Bank establishment for group tool rentals – no location yet, several big corporations on board and $200K donated so far
- SEPTL received $200 for our database software from an Australian tool library
- Lents TL has 80 members and very little tool lending activity so far; no info on Southwest TL
LATE TOOL LIST
- Pete has list of long overdue tool with replacement costs totalling $4000 — $2500 worth from 2012 loans and $1500 from earlier years — examples are shop vac $120, ladder $300, stapler $135
- SEPTL Late Tool Policy is in GoogleDocs SEPTL Works
- Discussion of who should start getting written letter about late tools — cost over $25 to replace ; over NNN phone calls ignored??
- For low value items drop them from late tool call list or put DO NOT CALL on notes
- Pete will bring list of highest value overdue tools to December Board Meeting and we will decide on actions to take.
Discussion of purpose – what is difference from Website?? Is it pushing information out to members like volunteer of the month,
- member projects, overdues? Steve asked if we can put a comments section about the newsletter on our website.
- Barb will get the next Newsletter issue out in January.
- Can we link the old newsletters to our website?? No, because of the Constant Contact forbids it.
- Steve suggested printing Tool toons comic to post in tool library. — Board approved motion to have Aaron print a cartoon and get reimbursed,
- Barb will do late tool calls next week
NEW SPACE NEEDS
- Steve sent letters to several local newspapers (Sellwood Bee, SE Examiner, SEPTL Newsletter) describing our need for a larger inexpensive space. He will contact Portland about empty spaces in city buildings
- Bob will send his photos of NEPTL space to board members
MAKING SEPTL A COOP
- Steve discussed how to gauge our member interest in creating a COOP — each member would donate X hours of volunteering per year and charge a sliding scale fee of $25 to $50 per year or maybe $200 for a lifetime membership with discounts at local hardware stores.
- Board will discuss this further at December meeting
- Steve will ask PORTL national tool library group what dues they charge, what do they pay for rent, and what is their new tool budget.
Recorded by Robert Weber, secretary
Meeting adjourned 8:52 PM