We now have over 2000 members and 1200 tools…our library space is very cramped indeed.
St. David of Wales Church has provided a wonderful place for SEPTL to begin its work, but the SEPTL Board of Directors recognize that the time has come to search for a larger venue that will better suit the library’s needs.
An optimal space for SEPTL would possess these attributes:
- Approximately 1,000 sq. feet
- Provide good access to the outside so members can easily haul tools in and out
- A heated space with some windows.
- A multi-year lease.
- Centrally located in inner southeast Portland
- SEPTL can afford a monthly rent stipend, to be negotiated
- Note that all of our tools are electric. We do not carry any gas powered tools in our inventory for liability reasons.
These parameters may seem like a tall order, but SEPTL’s Board of Directors is counting on our members and the community at large. If you know of a space that could possibly fulfill the tool library’s needs, please contact us as soon as possible.
Ideally, SEPTL would like to be settled into a new space this winter. Please contact us if you know of anything that can help make this move happen.