Meeting date: Thursday June 14, 2012
Call to order:
A regular meeting of the SEPTL was held in St. Davids Church Grace Room, Portland, Oregon. The meeting convened at 7:07 PM, President Steve Couche presiding, and Robert Weber, secretary.
Members in attendance:
Steve Couch (President)
Robert Weber (Secretary)
Casey Cotton (At Large Board member)
Lynn Palombo ( Board Member)
E Michael Brandt ( call list and IT guru)
Hindi Isherhott (Board Member)
Barbara McLean (Newsletter)
Members not in attendance:
Sean Barnett (Treasurer)
Jeff Horne (Volunteer Coordinator)
Bob Weber reported Sean’s email . Total funds are $4002 with rent paid through 2012. Credit Union $2974 : SE Uplift account $740 : Cash to deposit $288
No major expenses on horizon except buying some new tools and upgrading our space in St Davids.
Minutes of previous meeting:
– approved with correction of Lynn Palombo’s name
- BROKEN TOOL POLICY — Barb asked if we had a policy for replacement/payment for broken tools; she said we should try to at least get a donation.
- VOLUNTEERS —
- Michael made a list of most frequent tool borrowers — We should identify our top 10 non-volunteer borrowers and send them a letter.
- ALSO post list of these names to post by desk and remind them to volunteer when they check out any tools.
- Bob Weber and Lynn will draft a personalized letter for each frequent borrower and run it by Steve Couche before printing and mailing. Bob will also make a volunteer sign up sheet.
- Lynn Palombo will check the frequent volunteers and call them to ask for another shift.
- Volunteer Coordinator should send a followup email to volunteers asking how the shift went ; get suggestions & ask them to do another shift
- We should ask Jeff to give another Board Member access to the Volunteer Contact emails and Calendar to update shifts
- Barb McLean will call Volunteers to confirm their shifts.
- USE THE SHIFT LOG to record new volunteer interest and dates they can cover
- Volunteer Coordinator needs to keep contacts live with our volunteers.
3. SPACE FOR OUTDOOR TOOLS
- The storage shed in the parking lot belongs to City Repair — space in it will be available to SEPTL soon – Now it is not accessible — we need the combo to open it — it is the other end of St Davids from present SEPTL space, but would be close to new basement space — could be used now for ladders, wheelbarrows, cement mixer, etc
- SEPTL can also use the metal shed in the courtyard.
- Barbara will use Constant Contact to manage the email list for a bi-monthly SEPTL Newsletter to replace the current Insider and Mail Chimp for all SEPTL communications with members. Constant Contact can also send emails to lists of Volunteers and Board members
- Steve suggested having a Volunteer Appreciation Newsletter– Barb said she would do this every month. Members can unsubscribe from this if desired.
- Michael said the Web site has just been redone, so Barb should use the same Colors etc on the Newsletter as the Web site
- Steve will tell Jeff Horne about the volunteer and newsletter changes
- Barb will send a July Newsletter to all members
5. NEW SPACE FOR SEPTL
- We need to send a proposal to the St Davids Board stating what we are willing to pay and how much space we want — Steve will write this at the July Board Meeting — also need a grant proposal for money toward increased rent and relocation expenses — Hindi can research grant sources
- We spend $63/month now can we afford 3X this or around $180/month for part of the basement space?
- Rebuilding Center has an annual grant of shelving materials — We could approach local lumber yards for contributions ( Milwaukie Lumber, Mr Plywood, Home Depot, etc)
6. NEW TOOLS — Casey asked the Board to send him ideas for tools to buy — maybe put a new tool poll in the newsletter usingPoll Daddy or Survey Monkey
7. VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR — Hindi is willing to be Volunteer Coordinator if Jeff wants to step down — Steve will talk to Jeff.
Recorded by Robert Weber, secretary
Meeting adjourned 9:10 PM